Available Position: Membership Communications Associate
U.S. English is looking for a new team member to be the point of contact between senior management and our membership. This is an entry-level position with opportunities to advance and develop your communications skills in a busy but friendly small Washington, D.C. office.
Your day-to-day responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Working with a web database and Excel to process donations and update member information
- Preparing the daily income report
- Writing to members on behalf of U.S. English
- Communicating with members by phone
- Creating interesting articles for the website and growing our online presence
- Composing issue briefings for the benefit of the team and legislative staff
- Writing letters to news editors for publication
The ideal candidate will have an interest in issues relating to language and immigration and a genuine belief in the value of English literacy for immigrants and all Americans. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a plus.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Salary is negotiable and will be commensurate with experience. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.