Wyoming State Code 8-6-101
Wy. State Code 8-6-101
8-6-101. English as the official language of Wyoming.
- English shall be designated as the official language of Wyoming. Except as otherwise provided by law, no state agency or political subdivision of the state shall be required to provide any documents, information, literature or other written materials nor any translators in any language other than English.
- A state agency or political subdivision or its officers may act in a language other than the English language for any of the following purposes:
- To provide information orally to individuals in the course of delivering services to the general public;
- To comply with federal law;
- To protect the public health;
- To protect the rights of parties and witnesses in a civil or criminal action in a court or in an administrative proceeding;
- To provide instruction in foreign and Native American language courses;
- To provide instruction designed to aid students with limited English proficiency so they can make a timely transition to use of the English language in public schools;
- To promote international commerce, trade or tourism;
- To use terms of art or phrases from languages other than the English language in documents.